Monday, May 14, 2012

Beyond Phoenix

We started out the day on a good note.  Found a tire repair shop less than 5 miles away.

Obviously we needed help!  Within an hour, we were on our way to Phoenix.  We were feelin' good!

We wanted to stop at Taliesin West, to continue our pursuit of Frank Lloyd Wright installations.  That was our big problem for the day.  As some of you know, we purchased a pre-dented Airstream.  Following our encounter with a rock wall at Taliesin W., we now have a super dented unit.  Oh well, ---- happens, and today was our day!  Education is expensive, and we are still learning.

Unfortunately, no pictures as we got there just as a tour was departing and we tagged onto it with no time to go back and retrieve our cameras.  In spite of all, we enjoyed our tour.  Every time I duck under an overhang or move down a very narrow hallway, I have to wonder, "What was he thinking?"  Much of Wright's designs, I relish, but some things.......
Did I tell you that I got to play Mr. Wright's grand piano in the living room?  Tells me I need to spend more time on the piano so that I can at least play one complete piece!  There just doesn't seem to be time to do justice to piano, harp, and flutes.  Anyway, a nice experience.......just no lemonade today!

We came on to Dead Horse Ranch State Park.  We were certainly glad to get here after the day we have had!

No comments:

Post a Comment