Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beautiful Bell Flower

Well, two days down and one to go before we discover whether or not C & G Trailer can do the job.  It hasn't been too bad.  After surviving Friday night, I discovered that while the mobiles in the neighborhood are "vintage +", they are well maintained and show some pride of ownership with floral landscaping, etc.  The residents tend to stay closely indoors --no one to chat with in sight.




It feels much less threatening after a day on the ground.




How long has it been since you have seen a mobile that looks like the one on the left?  I recall one from my early childhood--none since.


On the other hand, you vintage Airstream lovers would be in mecca at this place.  There must be twenty or more old Airstreams on this lot.  I am anxious to hear all about why they are here.






That's just a sample.  There are some cute very little trailers and some really old units on the grounds.  I will be interested in learning whether the proprietor  is restoring and reselling or just collecting!

Meanwhile, we spent the day repairing the closet.  Jim is confident I had way overloaded it and with the rough roads, it was sagging badly.  After a couple of trips to hardware stores and to Lowe's, we now have everything back in place.  Not necessarily the same place, but someplace.  Packing for six months and three seasons is a skill I need to acquire; I'm definitely not where I need to be at this point!

We are grateful to have our soldier granddaughter home safely from Afghanistan after a one year tour of duty.  Thanks Gwen and all our military personnel for the difficult jobs you do.

Happy Memorial Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment