Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mi cumpleanos--part two



Like all good Texans, when we go to Mexico, we shop, shop, shop!
We found some interesting art, some Diego Rivera knockoffs, and had a good time just looking.



I just had to get those dirty shoes shined so that I could make progress down the street by saying truthfully, "Lo tengo."




After my shoes were appropriately shiny, we realized we had worked up a powerful hunger.  We headed to Arturo's where we encountered these cute waiters.  They brought marguaritas, good food, and with our great companions, what more could a birthday girl (in my dreams) ask?
Oh, there is that!  FLAN complete with candle and a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday!"
Posted by Picasa
Truly a wonderful and memorable birthday!


And that is without mentioning the lovely Mexican mirror and hand loomed rug provided by my husband and great friends.  WOW!


And then there was a present and greetings from my "gift daughters."  
Thank you Ann and Lynn!


And a birthday would not be complete without greetings from my long ago student.  This was followed by a delightful  phone conversation catching up on all her accomplishments of the past year--which are many.  Thank you Sherry for all your diligence and love over the years!


I am truly blessed by husband, friends, family, and years!

No comments:

Post a Comment